I completed a short tour run with Coast Modern supporting The Wombats, hitting The Crescent Ballroom in Phoenix, The Fonda in Los Angeles, and The Observatory in Santa Ana. These southwest dates are especially significant for a band who calls LA home. In fact, singer Coleman Trapp relayed the story that almost exactly one year prior, he and fellow CM founder, Luke Atlas, were watching The Wombats perform at The Fonda, while dreaming of how they’d be playing their own hometown show at the same venue one day.
1. The band has a tour pet, a light-up globe named “Glorb”, who turns up in interesting places.
2. Luke and Micah getting limber before the set in Phoenix.
3. I had the rare pleasure of having another girl on the road– Coast Modern drummer, Steph.
4. Day off driving through the desert back to LA makes for great, impromptu photo-ops.
5. TM / Front Of House / Driver extraordinaire, Dusty Black.
6. This desert oasis is a must-visit for tourists passing through West Arizona.
7. Coleman and Luke showed the videographer, Dre, and I around some of their regular spots in Silverlake, including this secret coffee spot.
8. The secret passageway to burrito land.
9. Steph building her new SJC kit, which came just in time for the LA show!
10. Lots of friends and family in the crowd this night for their hometown show.
11. Luke raging at The Fonda in Hollywood.
12. On out day off in LA, we explored a magical desert land, where Dre shot a surprise video– keep an eye out for that on Coast Modern socials!
13. What came first, the band or the store?
14. Killing their final set of tour at The Observatory in Santa Ana.
15. Frontman Coleman sporting the usual island pool party uniform.
16. The tour fam!
Connect with Anna Lee: Twitter / Instagram / Facebook
Connect with Coast Modern: Twitter / Instagram / Facebook